December 15, 2012

Sean Gilhooly’s INDO The Movie Premier and Launch at Poco Loco in Bali on December 22

Sean Gilhooly’s INDO The Movie Premier and Launch at Poco Loco in Bali on December 22

14 December 2012, Kuta-Bali:  The much anticipated launching of Sean Gilhooley’s surf film INDO the Movie will be happening next Saturday night December 22nd at the Poco Loco Kitchen and Bar in Legian starting off at 7:30 pm.

Heralded by Surftime’s Matt George as “the most visually stunning and breathtaking documentation of surfing to come out of Asia,” INDO the Movie showcases a cast of the best of the best Indonesian surfers including Garut Widiarta, Mustofa Jeksen, Raditya Rondi, Marlon Gerber, Lee Wilson and others as they surf the greatest waves on the planet against the backdrops of epic scenery in exotic locations.

“I’m so stoked to see this movie,” says Garut Widiarta.  “I’ve done three boat trips with Sean to the best waves in Indo to shoot these clips, and these will be my best sections ever for sure.  I love having all of us Indo boys in one high quality and high performance movie like this. Can’t wait for the premiere!”

Mustofa Jeksen agreed, saying “I feel like this is a really special movie for us Indonesian surfers, for the quality of the surfing, the editing, the music and everything.  It gives me chills down my back when I watch it…can’t wait to see it on the big screen at the opening!”

INDO the Movie is the work of Bali-based Sean Gilhooley, who has been gathering the footage over the last two years and spending hours editing his first surf movie effort. "I do a lot of work for the Coca-Cola Indonesian Surfing Championship tour, so I get to witness Indonesia’s best surfing on a regular basis, both in an out of competition.” said Gilhooley.  “I can safely say from the quarter final heats on, the standard of surfing here is up there with any WQS (World Qualifying Series) event, so I really wanted to document that in the best way I could.”
Being on the tour, when the comp is on he is flat out, but there are also free days at the comps as well time in between where he can get the boys together and shoot his own footage. “Over the last four years I have made over 450 web videos for these surfing events, and most of these clips are on a strict deadline where I film all day at the beach then spend between 6 to 8 hours that night editing and putting the clip on the net. Thankfully I love my job!  But I have always wanted to do my own thing without anyone looking over my shoulder dictating what I’m doing, so this was my chance to do it.  INDO is all me.  So if it sucks it’s on me, but at least I did it my way,” he added with grin.

DVD’s of INDO the Movie will be available at all the major surf shops in Bali and around Indonesia including Rip Curl, Billabong, Quiksilver, Volcom and wherever Electric sunglasses are sold.

Check out the INDO theMovie teaser at https://vimeo.com/55446648

Gilhooley was assisted in the INDO project by veteran Bali photographer Jason Childs, Balibelly.tv’s Thai Little, and Celeste Kim (Sparkelize) with the music.

INDO the Movie and its premier and launch at the Poco Loco Kitchen and Bar is sponsored/supported by One Stop Events, Rip Curl, Billabong, Quiksilver, Electric, Volcom, Cuervo, Bintang, Surftime, Balibelly.tv, and Indo Inc Productions.

For more information please contact:
Sean Gilhooly







--


Tim Hain
Media and Communications
Coca-Cola Indonesian Surfing Championship Tour - Asian Surfing Championship Tour

CV. Selancar Indonesia (ISC)
Jl. Raya Kuta No. 21
Pertokoan Kuta Raya Blok 9 Abian Base
Kuta, Bali 80361
INDONESIA
Phone/Fax: +62 361 768293
Mobile: +62 8123606674
Email: tim@isctour.com
www.isctour.com


For visitors on a short stay in Bali, check out the affordable Bali hotels in Denpasar, Jimbaran, Kuta, Legian, Nusa Dua, Sanur, Seminyak, Tanjung Benoa, Tuban, Ubud, Uluwatu and Umalas

For visitors on a longer stay in Bali, check out the affordable Bali hotels in Amed, Candi Dasa, Canggu, Lombok, Lovina, Nusa Lembongan, Tabanan and Tanah Lot.

No comments:

Post a Comment

CATEGORIES

HOME
BALI NEWS
BALI HOTELS
BALI VILLAS
BALI SURFING
BALI CULTURE
BALI MONEY
BALI NIGHTLIFE
BALI PHOTO
BALI RESTAURANTS
BALI WEATHER
EXPLORING BALI

AMED
CANDI DASA
CANGGU
DENPASAR
JIMBARAN
KUTA
LEGIAN
LOMBOK
LOVINA
NUSA DUA
NUSA LEMBONGAN
PETITENGET
SANUR
SEMINYAK
TABANAN
TANAH LOT
TANJUNG BENOA
TUBAN
UBUD
ULUWATU
UMALAS
REGIONS OF BALI TRAVEL GUIDE
EAST BALI TRAVEL GUIDE
LEMBONGAN / PENIDA TRAVEL GUIDE
LOMBOK / GILI ISLANDS TRAVEL GUIDE
NORTH BALI TRAVEL GUIDE
SOUTH BALI TRAVEL GUIDE
WEST BALI TRAVEL GUIDE